wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org

WASC Web Application Firewall Evaluation Criteria Project Mailing List

View all threads

WAFEC at RSA

OS
Ofer Shezaf
Mon, Jan 7, 2013 10:04 AM

Hi All,

I am happy to announce that I got accepted to facilitate a peer-2-peer
session on WAFEC at RSA. More details hare:

https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=3452
<https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=3452&
tclass=popup> &tclass=popup

While this session is limited to RSA conference delegates, I think it is a
very good opportunity to promote WAFEC and get feedback from people who are
not usually exposed to it.

In addition I would love to hold an open session on WAFEC alongside the
conference to which everyone can come. To that end, I would like to know:

  •     Who will be in RSA and would like to participate?

  •     Would any of our corporate participants (WAF vendors.) be willing

to sponsor a place for such a meeting?

Drop me a note if you like would join or can sponsor.

~ Ofer

Ofer Shezaf

[+972-54-4431119; ofer@shezaf.com mailto:ofer@shezaf.com , www.shezaf.com]

Hi All, I am happy to announce that I got accepted to facilitate a peer-2-peer session on WAFEC at RSA. More details hare: https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=3452 <https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=3452& tclass=popup> &tclass=popup While this session is limited to RSA conference delegates, I think it is a very good opportunity to promote WAFEC and get feedback from people who are not usually exposed to it. In addition I would love to hold an open session on WAFEC alongside the conference to which everyone can come. To that end, I would like to know: * Who will be in RSA and would like to participate? * Would any of our corporate participants (WAF vendors.) be willing to sponsor a place for such a meeting? Drop me a note if you like would join or can sponsor. ~ Ofer Ofer Shezaf [+972-54-4431119; ofer@shezaf.com <mailto:ofer@shezaf.com> , www.shezaf.com]
TB
Thomas Brennan
Mon, Jan 7, 2013 1:58 PM

Is WASC doing Jillian's again this year at RSA that could be leveraged for the joint effort

On Jan 7, 2013, at 8:04 AM, "Ofer Shezaf" <ofer@shezaf.commailto:ofer@shezaf.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I am happy to announce that I got accepted to facilitate a peer-2-peer session on WAFEC at RSA. More details hare:
https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=3452&tclass=popup

While this session is limited to RSA conference delegates, I think it is a very good opportunity to promote WAFEC and get feedback from people who are not usually exposed to it.

In addition I would love to hold an open session on WAFEC alongside the conference to which everyone can come. To that end, I would like to know:

·        Who will be in RSA and would like to participate?

·        Would any of our corporate participants (WAF vendors…) be willing to sponsor a place for such a meeting?

Drop me a note if you like would join or can sponsor.

~ Ofer

Ofer Shezaf
[+972-54-4431119; ofer@shezaf.commailto:ofer@shezaf.com, www.shezaf.comhttp://www.shezaf.com]

wasc-wafec mailing list
wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.orgmailto:wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.

Is WASC doing Jillian's again this year at RSA that could be leveraged for the joint effort On Jan 7, 2013, at 8:04 AM, "Ofer Shezaf" <ofer@shezaf.com<mailto:ofer@shezaf.com>> wrote: Hi All, I am happy to announce that I got accepted to facilitate a peer-2-peer session on WAFEC at RSA. More details hare: https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=3452&tclass=popup While this session is limited to RSA conference delegates, I think it is a very good opportunity to promote WAFEC and get feedback from people who are not usually exposed to it. In addition I would love to hold an open session on WAFEC alongside the conference to which everyone can come. To that end, I would like to know: · Who will be in RSA and would like to participate? · Would any of our corporate participants (WAF vendors…) be willing to sponsor a place for such a meeting? Drop me a note if you like would join or can sponsor. ~ Ofer Ofer Shezaf [+972-54-4431119; ofer@shezaf.com<mailto:ofer@shezaf.com>, www.shezaf.com<http://www.shezaf.com>] _______________________________________________ wasc-wafec mailing list wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org<mailto:wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org> http://lists.webappsec.org/mailman/listinfo/wasc-wafec_lists.webappsec.org ________________________________ This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
RA
Robert A.
Mon, Jan 7, 2013 5:38 PM

Great news!

  • Robert Auger

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013, Ofer Shezaf wrote:

[...]

Great news! - Robert Auger On Mon, 7 Jan 2013, Ofer Shezaf wrote: > Hi All, > > > > I am happy to announce that I got accepted to facilitate a peer-2-peer > session on WAFEC at RSA. More details hare: > > https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=3452 > <https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=3452& > tclass=popup> &tclass=popup > > > > While this session is limited to RSA conference delegates, I think it is a > very good opportunity to promote WAFEC and get feedback from people who are > not usually exposed to it. > > > > In addition I would love to hold an open session on WAFEC alongside the > conference to which everyone can come. To that end, I would like to know: > > * Who will be in RSA and would like to participate? > > * Would any of our corporate participants (WAF vendors.) be willing > to sponsor a place for such a meeting? > > > > Drop me a note if you like would join or can sponsor. > > > > ~ Ofer > > > > Ofer Shezaf > > [+972-54-4431119; ofer@shezaf.com <mailto:ofer@shezaf.com> , www.shezaf.com] > > > >
CH
Christian Heinrich
Mon, Jan 7, 2013 9:24 PM

Ofer,

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Ofer Shezaf ofer@shezaf.com wrote:

·        Who will be in RSA and would like to participate?

Is it be possible to add additional "facilitators" to this session and
if so would they have to be a "paid" RSA delegate also?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact

Ofer, On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer@shezaf.com> wrote: > · Who will be in RSA and would like to participate? Is it be possible to add additional "facilitators" to this session and if so would they have to be a "paid" RSA delegate also? -- Regards, Christian Heinrich http://cmlh.id.au/contact
OS
Ofer Shezaf
Tue, Jan 8, 2013 12:47 PM

Christian: I would assume not.

Tom, Jeremiah: I think the Jillian meeting was WhiteHatSec's without a WASC
hat last year. I would be happy  if it had more community and less
commercial aura about it. Probably up to the marketing people who pay.

~ Ofer

.        Who will be in RSA and would like to participate?

Is it be possible to add additional "facilitators" to this session and if so
would they have to be a "paid" RSA delegate also?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact

Christian: I would assume not. Tom, Jeremiah: I think the Jillian meeting was WhiteHatSec's without a WASC hat last year. I would be happy if it had more community and less commercial aura about it. Probably up to the marketing people who pay. ~ Ofer -----Original Message----- From: Christian Heinrich [mailto:christian.heinrich@cmlh.id.au] Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 11:24 PM To: Ofer Shezaf Cc: wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org; wasc-members@webappsec.org Subject: Re: [WASC-WAFEC] WAFEC at RSA Ofer, On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer@shezaf.com> wrote: > . Who will be in RSA and would like to participate? Is it be possible to add additional "facilitators" to this session and if so would they have to be a "paid" RSA delegate also? -- Regards, Christian Heinrich http://cmlh.id.au/contact
JG
Jeremiah Grossman
Tue, Jan 8, 2013 7:26 PM

I'm double checking with our marketing team for word on what's going on with respect to the Jillian's party. I'm 90% it's a go for this year. Of course WhiteHat will be sponsoring, not sure yet if another vendor will be helping out. Either way, if it goes ahead, I'll attempt to make sure its a "WASC" thing if that's helpful to everyone for this.

As typically, basically anyone is invited to come to eat, drink, chat and play pool. Nothing high pressure.

On Jan 8, 2013, at 4:47 AM, Ofer Shezaf ofer@shezaf.com wrote:

Christian: I would assume not.

Tom, Jeremiah: I think the Jillian meeting was WhiteHatSec's without a WASC
hat last year. I would be happy  if it had more community and less
commercial aura about it. Probably up to the marketing people who pay.

~ Ofer

.        Who will be in RSA and would like to participate?

Is it be possible to add additional "facilitators" to this session and if so
would they have to be a "paid" RSA delegate also?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact

I'm double checking with our marketing team for word on what's going on with respect to the Jillian's party. I'm 90% it's a go for this year. Of course WhiteHat will be sponsoring, not sure yet if another vendor will be helping out. Either way, if it goes ahead, I'll attempt to make sure its a "WASC" thing if that's helpful to everyone for this. As typically, basically anyone is invited to come to eat, drink, chat and play pool. Nothing high pressure. On Jan 8, 2013, at 4:47 AM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer@shezaf.com> wrote: > Christian: I would assume not. > > Tom, Jeremiah: I think the Jillian meeting was WhiteHatSec's without a WASC > hat last year. I would be happy if it had more community and less > commercial aura about it. Probably up to the marketing people who pay. > > ~ Ofer > > -----Original Message----- > From: Christian Heinrich [mailto:christian.heinrich@cmlh.id.au] > Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 11:24 PM > To: Ofer Shezaf > Cc: wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org; wasc-members@webappsec.org > Subject: Re: [WASC-WAFEC] WAFEC at RSA > > Ofer, > > On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer@shezaf.com> wrote: >> . Who will be in RSA and would like to participate? > > Is it be possible to add additional "facilitators" to this session and if so > would they have to be a "paid" RSA delegate also? > > > -- > Regards, > Christian Heinrich > > http://cmlh.id.au/contact >
CH
Christian Heinrich
Tue, Jan 8, 2013 9:49 PM

Ofer,

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM, Ofer Shezaf ofer@shezaf.com wrote:

Christian: I would assume not.

Would it be possible to double check this with RSA?

If not, I am willing to travel to the USA (or anywhere) to attend an
offsite meeting (from a conference) so that people who aren't
delegates (of the conference) can also attend.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact

Ofer, On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer@shezaf.com> wrote: > Christian: I would assume not. Would it be possible to double check this with RSA? If not, I am willing to travel to the USA (or anywhere) to attend an offsite meeting (from a conference) so that people who aren't delegates (of the conference) can also attend. -- Regards, Christian Heinrich http://cmlh.id.au/contact
JG
Jeremiah Grossman
Tue, Jan 8, 2013 11:55 PM

While not yet officially announced yet, there will be a WASC Meet-up at Jillian's. Most likely the same day, time, and format as usual.

When details are firmed up, the invites will go out.

On Jan 8, 2013, at 11:26 AM, Jeremiah Grossman jeremiah@whitehatsec.com wrote:

[...]

While not yet officially announced yet, there will be a WASC Meet-up at Jillian's. Most likely the same day, time, and format as usual. When details are firmed up, the invites will go out. On Jan 8, 2013, at 11:26 AM, Jeremiah Grossman <jeremiah@whitehatsec.com> wrote: > I'm double checking with our marketing team for word on what's going on with respect to the Jillian's party. I'm 90% it's a go for this year. Of course WhiteHat will be sponsoring, not sure yet if another vendor will be helping out. Either way, if it goes ahead, I'll attempt to make sure its a "WASC" thing if that's helpful to everyone for this. > > As typically, basically anyone is invited to come to eat, drink, chat and play pool. Nothing high pressure. > > > On Jan 8, 2013, at 4:47 AM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer@shezaf.com> wrote: > >> Christian: I would assume not. >> >> Tom, Jeremiah: I think the Jillian meeting was WhiteHatSec's without a WASC >> hat last year. I would be happy if it had more community and less >> commercial aura about it. Probably up to the marketing people who pay. >> >> ~ Ofer >> >> -----Original Message----- >> From: Christian Heinrich [mailto:christian.heinrich@cmlh.id.au] >> Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 11:24 PM >> To: Ofer Shezaf >> Cc: wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org; wasc-members@webappsec.org >> Subject: Re: [WASC-WAFEC] WAFEC at RSA >> >> Ofer, >> >> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer@shezaf.com> wrote: >>> . Who will be in RSA and would like to participate? >> >> Is it be possible to add additional "facilitators" to this session and if so >> would they have to be a "paid" RSA delegate also? >> >> >> -- >> Regards, >> Christian Heinrich >> >> http://cmlh.id.au/contact >> >