View all threads

Duplicates

MustLive
Thu, Aug 16, 2012 8:50 PM

Hello Robert!

Of course earlier, at full moderation, there was no such cases. Does it solvable (at Mailman level)? It'll be better for subscribers ;-).

Best wishes & regards,
Eugene Dokukin aka MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site
http://websecurity.com.ua

Hello Robert! Recently there is a problem in Web Security Mailing List with duplicates. In August look at 008490.html and 008491.html and 008492.html and 008493.html. What is the reason - maybe these guys have mistakenly repeated their letters or the reason is in something else. Of course earlier, at full moderation, there was no such cases. Does it solvable (at Mailman level)? It'll be better for subscribers ;-). Best wishes & regards, Eugene Dokukin aka MustLive Administrator of Websecurity web site http://websecurity.com.ua
RA
Robert A.
Thu, Aug 16, 2012 9:31 PM

Some of these people are sending it multiple times (happens all the time).

I'm not aware of a mailman setting for tracking dupes, if you know of one
please let me know :)

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012, MustLive wrote:

Hello Robert!

Of course earlier, at full moderation, there was no such cases. Does it solvable (at Mailman level)? It'll be better for subscribers ;-).

Best wishes & regards,
Eugene Dokukin aka MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site
http://websecurity.com.ua

Some of these people are sending it multiple times (happens all the time). I'm not aware of a mailman setting for tracking dupes, if you know of one please let me know :) On Thu, 16 Aug 2012, MustLive wrote: > Hello Robert! > > > Recently there is a problem in Web Security Mailing List with duplicates. In August look at 008490.html and 008491.html and 008492.html and 008493.html. What is the reason - maybe these guys have mistakenly repeated their letters or the reason is in something else. > > Of course earlier, at full moderation, there was no such cases. Does it solvable (at Mailman level)? It'll be better for subscribers ;-). > > Best wishes & regards, > Eugene Dokukin aka MustLive > Administrator of Websecurity web site > http://websecurity.com.ua
MustLive
Thu, Sep 6, 2012 12:35 AM

Robert!

I'm also not aware concerning such functionality in Mailman. But it will be
useful one :-).

There is such built-in functionality in WordPress (it automatically handles
duplicates from the same commenter) and I'm aware about such setting in
IPB forum - to turn on delays for posting (which also can prevent
duplicates). So there are web applications with such functionality and
Mailman can become one of them.

If you are sure that there is no such setting in it, then you can: 1)
implement such functionality by yourself; 2) suggest it to developers.
Particularly, I'll send them this idea.

[...]

Robert! I'm also not aware concerning such functionality in Mailman. But it will be useful one :-). There is such built-in functionality in WordPress (it automatically handles duplicates from the same commenter) and I'm aware about such setting in IPB forum - to turn on delays for posting (which also can prevent duplicates). So there are web applications with such functionality and Mailman can become one of them. If you are sure that there is no such setting in it, then you can: 1) implement such functionality by yourself; 2) suggest it to developers. Particularly, I'll send them this idea. Best wishes & regards, Eugene Dokukin aka MustLive Administrator of Websecurity web site http://websecurity.com.ua ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert A." <robert@webappsec.org> To: "MustLive" <mustlive@websecurity.com.ua> Cc: <websecurity@lists.webappsec.org> Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 12:31 AM Subject: Re: Duplicates > Some of these people are sending it multiple times (happens all the time). > > I'm not aware of a mailman setting for tracking dupes, if you know of one > please let me know :) > > On Thu, 16 Aug 2012, MustLive wrote: > >> Hello Robert! >> >> >> Recently there is a problem in Web Security Mailing List with duplicates. >> In August look at 008490.html and 008491.html and 008492.html and >> 008493.html. What is the reason - maybe these guys have mistakenly >> repeated their letters or the reason is in something else. >> >> Of course earlier, at full moderation, there was no such cases. Does it >> solvable (at Mailman level)? It'll be better for subscribers ;-). >> >> Best wishes & regards, >> Eugene Dokukin aka MustLive >> Administrator of Websecurity web site >> http://websecurity.com.ua