wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org

WASC Web Application Firewall Evaluation Criteria Project Mailing List

View all threads

WAFEC Call for Volunteers

TT
Tony Turner
Tue, Jan 26, 2016 8:10 AM

A quick update, we are in the process of integrating comments from the core
team since the Christmas holidays and are soliciting some assistance for
additional sections from the community below. Once we have these sections
completed and comments integrated we will send out a draft for the
community to review.

We are requesting volunteers to write up the following sections for WAFEC
v2.0:

  • Differences between WAFs and next-generation firewalls and intrusion
    prevention systems
  • Performance and reliability criteria
  • Anti-automation/anti-bot capabilities
  • Anti-fraud capabilities, credential theft
  • Threat intel/reputation capabilities
  • Hybrid and cloud deployment models (Diving into CDN technology would
    be useful)

If you are interested in contributing to any of these sections or becoming
a core team member, please email me and let me know what you'd like to work
on. Thanks!

--
Tony Turner
OWASP Orlando Chapter Founder/Co-Leader

[...]
RB
Ryan Barnett
Wed, Feb 17, 2016 1:55 PM

Are any folks from this project going to be out at RSA conf in San Fran at the end of the month?  If so, is there any interest in getting together to discuss WAFEC?  There is an OWASP get together on Monday night where we could all sync up.  Nothing helps to move a project forward more than a few craft beers :)

Let me know.

-Ryan

From:  wasc-wafec wasc-wafec-bounces@lists.webappsec.org on behalf of Tony Turner tony.turner@owasp.org
Date:  Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 3:10 AM
To:  wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org
Subject:  [WASC-WAFEC] WAFEC Call for Volunteers

[...]

Are any folks from this project going to be out at RSA conf in San Fran at the end of the month? If so, is there any interest in getting together to discuss WAFEC? There is an OWASP get together on Monday night where we could all sync up. Nothing helps to move a project forward more than a few craft beers :) Let me know. -Ryan From: wasc-wafec <wasc-wafec-bounces@lists.webappsec.org> on behalf of Tony Turner <tony.turner@owasp.org> Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 3:10 AM To: <wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org> Subject: [WASC-WAFEC] WAFEC Call for Volunteers A quick update, we are in the process of integrating comments from the core team since the Christmas holidays and are soliciting some assistance for additional sections from the community below. Once we have these sections completed and comments integrated we will send out a draft for the community to review. We are requesting volunteers to write up the following sections for WAFEC v2.0: Differences between WAFs and next-generation firewalls and intrusion prevention systems Performance and reliability criteria Anti-automation/anti-bot capabilities Anti-fraud capabilities, credential theft Threat intel/reputation capabilities Hybrid and cloud deployment models (Diving into CDN technology would be useful) If you are interested in contributing to any of these sections or becoming a core team member, please email me and let me know what you'd like to work on. Thanks! -- Tony Turner OWASP Orlando Chapter Founder/Co-Leader WAFEC Project Leader STING Game Project Leader tony.turner@owasp.org https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Orlando _______________________________________________ wasc-wafec mailing list wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org http://lists.webappsec.org/mailman/listinfo/wasc-wafec_lists.webappsec.org
TT
Tony Turner
Wed, Feb 17, 2016 2:03 PM

I'll be at RSA Mon-Wed, but my evenings are going to be consumed by work
functions and I doubt I'll have much time to get away. I'd be happy to have
a daytime beer with folks though.

From: wasc-wafec wasc-wafec-bounces@lists.webappsec.org on behalf of
Tony Turner tony.turner@owasp.org
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 3:10 AM
To: wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org

[...]

I'll be at RSA Mon-Wed, but my evenings are going to be consumed by work functions and I doubt I'll have much time to get away. I'd be happy to have a daytime beer with folks though. On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 8:55 AM, Ryan Barnett <rcbarnett@gmail.com> wrote: > Are any folks from this project going to be out at RSA conf in San Fran at > the end of the month? If so, is there any interest in getting together to > discuss WAFEC? There is an OWASP get together on Monday night where we > could all sync up. Nothing helps to move a project forward more than a few > craft beers :) > > Let me know. > > -Ryan > > From: wasc-wafec <wasc-wafec-bounces@lists.webappsec.org> on behalf of > Tony Turner <tony.turner@owasp.org> > Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 3:10 AM > To: <wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org> > Subject: [WASC-WAFEC] WAFEC Call for Volunteers > > A quick update, we are in the process of integrating comments from the > core team since the Christmas holidays and are soliciting some assistance > for additional sections from the community below. Once we have these > sections completed and comments integrated we will send out a draft for the > community to review. > > We are requesting volunteers to write up the following sections for WAFEC > v2.0: > > - Differences between WAFs and next-generation firewalls and intrusion > prevention systems > - Performance and reliability criteria > - Anti-automation/anti-bot capabilities > - Anti-fraud capabilities, credential theft > - Threat intel/reputation capabilities > - Hybrid and cloud deployment models (Diving into CDN technology would > be useful) > > If you are interested in contributing to any of these sections or becoming > a core team member, please email me and let me know what you'd like to work > on. Thanks! > > > -- > Tony Turner > OWASP Orlando Chapter Founder/Co-Leader > WAFEC Project Leader > STING Game Project Leader > tony.turner@owasp.org > https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Orlando > _______________________________________________ wasc-wafec mailing list > wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org > http://lists.webappsec.org/mailman/listinfo/wasc-wafec_lists.webappsec.org > > _______________________________________________ > wasc-wafec mailing list > wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org > http://lists.webappsec.org/mailman/listinfo/wasc-wafec_lists.webappsec.org > >