Fwd: [OWASP AppSecEU Research 2013]: Call for Trainings/Presentations/Papers

CH
Christian Heinrich
Mon, Mar 11, 2013 7:39 PM

Ofer,

Would you like me to prepare the draft response for this for comment
or have we already submitted for this?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dirk Wetter dirk.wetter@owasp.org
Date: Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Subject: [OWASP AppSecEU Research 2013]: Call for Trainings/Presentations/Papers
To: Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich@cmlh.id.au

Dear Christian,

as a speaker or at least submitter of a proposal from AppSecEU 2011
or AppSec Ireland in 2012 we would like to inform you that Germany
was selected for hosting OWASP AppSec Research EU conference in 2013!

The event is taking place in the most beautiful city of at least
Germany, i.e. Hamburg, from August 20 to August 23. On top of it
we've picked a splendid location with a great view over Hamburg.
More: see http://appsec.eu/ .

We would like to ask you to consider submitting a proposal to this
year's AppSecEU. It is an excellent chance to present your work,
research or practical experience in the field of application security
to a broad audience.

The conference will have two parts:

  • Trainings at 8/20 and 8/21
  • Three conference tracks, including one for research, at 8/22 and 8/23

For each track we put together a Call for Trainings/Presentations/
Papers, with different deadlines (in brackets) and terms:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfTrainings  (March 29)
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfPresos    (April 14)
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfPapers    (May 15)

As you might realize the deadline for training and presentation
proposals is close!

Your submission would be subject to approval by a program committee (see
each CfP). It will make its decision after the CfP closes. The notification
whether your submission has been accepted or not will follow soon after.
Please note that unfortunately our budget doesn't allow us to cover any travel
expenses or costs for accomodations.

Thanks for your consideration. Hopefully see you in Hamburg this August!

Feel free to forward this mail to any colleagues or friends.

Cheers,

Dirk

PS: Independent on this: We're also looking for sponsors. Information
on sponsor levels and items are available @
https://www.owasp.org/images/0/03/Sponsorship_Description_AppSec_EU_2013.pdf

--
German OWASP Board, Conference Chair AppSecEU 2013
http://appsec.eu/      |                @appseceu

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact

Ofer, Would you like me to prepare the draft response for this for comment or have we already submitted for this? ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Dirk Wetter <dirk.wetter@owasp.org> Date: Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM Subject: [OWASP AppSecEU Research 2013]: Call for Trainings/Presentations/Papers To: Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich@cmlh.id.au> Dear Christian, as a speaker or at least submitter of a proposal from AppSecEU 2011 or AppSec Ireland in 2012 we would like to inform you that Germany was selected for hosting OWASP AppSec Research EU conference in 2013! The event is taking place in the most beautiful city of at least Germany, i.e. Hamburg, from August 20 to August 23. On top of it we've picked a splendid location with a great view over Hamburg. More: see http://appsec.eu/ . We would like to ask you to consider submitting a proposal to this year's AppSecEU. It is an excellent chance to present your work, research or practical experience in the field of application security to a broad audience. The conference will have two parts: * Trainings at 8/20 and 8/21 * Three conference tracks, including one for research, at 8/22 and 8/23 For each track we put together a Call for Trainings/Presentations/ Papers, with different deadlines (in brackets) and terms: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfTrainings (March 29) https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfPresos (April 14) https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfPapers (May 15) As you might realize the deadline for training and presentation proposals is close! Your submission would be subject to approval by a program committee (see each CfP). It will make its decision after the CfP closes. The notification whether your submission has been accepted or not will follow soon after. Please note that unfortunately our budget doesn't allow us to cover any travel expenses or costs for accomodations. Thanks for your consideration. Hopefully see you in Hamburg this August! Feel free to forward this mail to any colleagues or friends. Cheers, Dirk PS: Independent on this: We're also looking for sponsors. Information on sponsor levels and items are available @ https://www.owasp.org/images/0/03/Sponsorship_Description_AppSec_EU_2013.pdf -- German OWASP Board, Conference Chair AppSecEU 2013 http://appsec.eu/ | @appseceu skype://drwetter.de | tel:+49-40-2442035-1 -- Regards, Christian Heinrich http://cmlh.id.au/contact
DW
Dirk Wetter
Wed, Mar 20, 2013 10:25 AM

Hi folks,

just wanted to mention that in a little bit more than 3 weeks CfP for the
EU conference is closing.

So whatever you guys discussed to contribute RSN is the time
to speak up. ;)

Of course anybody else listening here is cordially invited to submit
his/her proposal for a talk.

Best,

Dirk

On 03/11/2013 08:39 PM, Christian Heinrich wrote:

[...]

Hi folks, just wanted to mention that in a little bit more than 3 weeks CfP for the EU conference is closing. So whatever you guys discussed to contribute RSN is the time to speak up. ;) Of course anybody else listening here is cordially invited to submit his/her proposal for a talk. Best, Dirk On 03/11/2013 08:39 PM, Christian Heinrich wrote: > Ofer, > > Would you like me to prepare the draft response for this for comment > or have we already submitted for this? > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > From: Dirk Wetter <dirk.wetter@owasp.org> > Date: Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM > Subject: [OWASP AppSecEU Research 2013]: Call for Trainings/Presentations/Papers > To: Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich@cmlh.id.au> > > > > Dear Christian, > > as a speaker or at least submitter of a proposal from AppSecEU 2011 > or AppSec Ireland in 2012 we would like to inform you that Germany > was selected for hosting OWASP AppSec Research EU conference in 2013! > > The event is taking place in the most beautiful city of at least > Germany, i.e. Hamburg, from August 20 to August 23. On top of it > we've picked a splendid location with a great view over Hamburg. > More: see http://appsec.eu/ . > > We would like to ask you to consider submitting a proposal to this > year's AppSecEU. It is an excellent chance to present your work, > research or practical experience in the field of application security > to a broad audience. > > The conference will have two parts: > > * Trainings at 8/20 and 8/21 > * Three conference tracks, including one for research, at 8/22 and 8/23 > > For each track we put together a Call for Trainings/Presentations/ > Papers, with different deadlines (in brackets) and terms: > > https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfTrainings (March 29) > https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfPresos (April 14) > https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfPapers (May 15) > > As you might realize the deadline for training and presentation > proposals is close! > > Your submission would be subject to approval by a program committee (see > each CfP). It will make its decision after the CfP closes. The notification > whether your submission has been accepted or not will follow soon after. > Please note that unfortunately our budget doesn't allow us to cover any travel > expenses or costs for accomodations. > > Thanks for your consideration. Hopefully see you in Hamburg this August! > > Feel free to forward this mail to any colleagues or friends. > > Cheers, > > Dirk > > > PS: Independent on this: We're also looking for sponsors. Information > on sponsor levels and items are available @ > https://www.owasp.org/images/0/03/Sponsorship_Description_AppSec_EU_2013.pdf > > > -- > German OWASP Board, Conference Chair AppSecEU 2013 > http://appsec.eu/ | @appseceu > skype://drwetter.de | tel:+49-40-2442035-1 > >
OS
Ofer Shezaf
Wed, Mar 20, 2013 4:03 PM

Based on our previous talks, I wasn't sure we need to submit to get a WAFEC
session in the conference. I understand the best way would be to submit a
WAFEC session and I will do it in the next couple of days.

~ Ofer

[...]

Based on our previous talks, I wasn't sure we need to submit to get a WAFEC session in the conference. I understand the best way would be to submit a WAFEC session and I will do it in the next couple of days. ~ Ofer -----Original Message----- From: wasc-wafec [mailto:wasc-wafec-bounces@lists.webappsec.org] On Behalf Of Dirk Wetter Sent: 20 March 2013 12:26 To: wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org Cc: Dirk Wetter Subject: Re: [WASC-WAFEC] Fwd: [OWASP AppSecEU Research 2013]: Call for Trainings/Presentations/Papers Hi folks, just wanted to mention that in a little bit more than 3 weeks CfP for the EU conference is closing. So whatever you guys discussed to contribute RSN is the time to speak up. ;) Of course anybody else listening here is cordially invited to submit his/her proposal for a talk. Best, Dirk On 03/11/2013 08:39 PM, Christian Heinrich wrote: > Ofer, > > Would you like me to prepare the draft response for this for comment > or have we already submitted for this? > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > From: Dirk Wetter <dirk.wetter@owasp.org> > Date: Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM > Subject: [OWASP AppSecEU Research 2013]: Call for > Trainings/Presentations/Papers > To: Christian Heinrich <christian.heinrich@cmlh.id.au> > > > > Dear Christian, > > as a speaker or at least submitter of a proposal from AppSecEU 2011 or > AppSec Ireland in 2012 we would like to inform you that Germany was > selected for hosting OWASP AppSec Research EU conference in 2013! > > The event is taking place in the most beautiful city of at least > Germany, i.e. Hamburg, from August 20 to August 23. On top of it we've > picked a splendid location with a great view over Hamburg. > More: see http://appsec.eu/ . > > We would like to ask you to consider submitting a proposal to this > year's AppSecEU. It is an excellent chance to present your work, > research or practical experience in the field of application security > to a broad audience. > > The conference will have two parts: > > * Trainings at 8/20 and 8/21 > * Three conference tracks, including one for research, at 8/22 and > 8/23 > > For each track we put together a Call for Trainings/Presentations/ > Papers, with different deadlines (in brackets) and terms: > > https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfTrainings (March 29) > https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfPresos (April 14) > https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSecEU2013/CfPapers (May 15) > > As you might realize the deadline for training and presentation > proposals is close! > > Your submission would be subject to approval by a program committee > (see each CfP). It will make its decision after the CfP closes. The > notification whether your submission has been accepted or not will follow soon after. > Please note that unfortunately our budget doesn't allow us to cover > any travel expenses or costs for accomodations. > > Thanks for your consideration. Hopefully see you in Hamburg this August! > > Feel free to forward this mail to any colleagues or friends. > > Cheers, > > Dirk > > > PS: Independent on this: We're also looking for sponsors. Information > on sponsor levels and items are available @ > > https://www.owasp.org/images/0/03/Sponsorship_Description_AppSec_EU_20 > 13.pdf > > > -- > German OWASP Board, Conference Chair AppSecEU 2013 > http://appsec.eu/ | @appseceu > skype://drwetter.de | tel:+49-40-2442035-1 > > _______________________________________________ wasc-wafec mailing list wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org http://lists.webappsec.org/mailman/listinfo/wasc-wafec_lists.webappsec.org