wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org

WASC Web Application Firewall Evaluation Criteria Project Mailing List

View all threads

WAFEC workshop at OWASP AppSec Research in Athens

OS
Ofer Shezaf
Thu, Jul 5, 2012 5:36 AM

Hi All,

I am going to hold a WAFEC workshop in Athens next week. As this is an idea
that came to me late, I naturally don't expect you all to rush to your
travel agents/web sites to order tickets (not a bad idea at that if you and
your companies are spontaneous). My main goal is to outreach to people not
already involved in the project:

.        Present the project to the community.

.        Get feedback from the many AppSec expert and practitioners
gathering there.

.        Recruit additional contributors

It is also a great personal deadline for me to finish my analysis of your
wonderful comments and ideas regarding the project and come up with mission
statement and tasks list.

If any of you are coming to Athens, I would love to see you in the workshop
face to face for a chance. The workshop will be held on Thursday July 12th
at 6pm allowing you all to not miss any conference presentation (albeit lose
your break between the presentations and evening social event).

~ Ofer

Ofer Shezaf

[+972-54-4431119; ofer@shezaf.com, www.shezaf.com]

[...]
CH
Christian Heinrich
Sun, Jul 8, 2012 9:30 AM

Ofer,

Can the audio/video of the workshop be recorded since some of us can't make it?

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Ofer Shezaf ofer@shezaf.com wrote:

[...]

wasc-wafec mailing list
wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact

Ofer, Can the audio/video of the workshop be recorded since some of us can't make it? On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer@shezaf.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > > > I am going to hold a WAFEC workshop in Athens next week. As this is an idea > that came to me late, I naturally don’t expect you all to rush to your > travel agents/web sites to order tickets (not a bad idea at that if you and > your companies are spontaneous). My main goal is to outreach to people not > already involved in the project: > > > > · Present the project to the community. > > · Get feedback from the many AppSec expert and practitioners > gathering there. > > · Recruit additional contributors > > > > It is also a great personal deadline for me to finish my analysis of your > wonderful comments and ideas regarding the project and come up with mission > statement and tasks list. > > > > If any of you are coming to Athens, I would love to see you in the workshop > face to face for a chance. The workshop will be held on Thursday July 12th > at 6pm allowing you all to not miss any conference presentation (albeit lose > your break between the presentations and evening social event). > > > > ~ Ofer > > > > Ofer Shezaf > > [+972-54-4431119; ofer@shezaf.com, www.shezaf.com] > > > > > _______________________________________________ > wasc-wafec mailing list > wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org > http://lists.webappsec.org/mailman/listinfo/wasc-wafec_lists.webappsec.org > -- Regards, Christian Heinrich http://cmlh.id.au/contact
OS
Ofer Shezaf
Sun, Jul 8, 2012 9:33 AM

I will check if the equipment is available there with the conference
organizers. Keep in mind this is not a summit (i.e. decision making) but a
workshop to gather input from others who are not usually involved. I will
summarize in any case in detail what people say.

[...]

I will check if the equipment is available there with the conference organizers. Keep in mind this is not a summit (i.e. decision making) but a workshop to gather input from others who are not usually involved. I will summarize in any case in detail what people say. ~ Ofer -----Original Message----- From: Christian Heinrich [mailto:christian.heinrich@cmlh.id.au] Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 12:31 PM To: Ofer Shezaf Cc: wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org Subject: Re: [WASC-WAFEC] WAFEC workshop at OWASP AppSec Research in Athens Ofer, Can the audio/video of the workshop be recorded since some of us can't make it? On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer@shezaf.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > > > I am going to hold a WAFEC workshop in Athens next week. As this is an > idea that came to me late, I naturally don't expect you all to rush to > your travel agents/web sites to order tickets (not a bad idea at that > if you and your companies are spontaneous). My main goal is to > outreach to people not already involved in the project: > > > > . Present the project to the community. > > . Get feedback from the many AppSec expert and practitioners > gathering there. > > . Recruit additional contributors > > > > It is also a great personal deadline for me to finish my analysis of > your wonderful comments and ideas regarding the project and come up > with mission statement and tasks list. > > > > If any of you are coming to Athens, I would love to see you in the > workshop face to face for a chance. The workshop will be held on > Thursday July 12th at 6pm allowing you all to not miss any conference > presentation (albeit lose your break between the presentations and evening social event). > > > > ~ Ofer > > > > Ofer Shezaf > > [+972-54-4431119; ofer@shezaf.com, www.shezaf.com] > > > > > _______________________________________________ > wasc-wafec mailing list > wasc-wafec@lists.webappsec.org > http://lists.webappsec.org/mailman/listinfo/wasc-wafec_lists.webappsec > .org > -- Regards, Christian Heinrich http://cmlh.id.au/contact
CH
Christian Heinrich
Mon, Jul 9, 2012 12:36 AM

Ofer,

I assume that you would be aware that Tom Brennan's exploitation of
OWASP to promote Trustwave's commercial vested interest i.e.
https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/committees-chairs/2011-September/000574.html

Aside from the above, I believe the event would be positive for WASC.

Ofer, I assume that you would be aware that Tom Brennan's exploitation of OWASP to promote Trustwave's commercial vested interest i.e. https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/committees-chairs/2011-September/000574.html Aside from the above, I believe the event would be positive for WASC. On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer@shezaf.com> wrote: > I will check if the equipment is available there with the conference > organizers. Keep in mind this is not a summit (i.e. decision making) but a > workshop to gather input from others who are not usually involved. I will > summarize in any case in detail what people say. -- Regards, Christian Heinrich http://cmlh.id.au/contact