Wanted: HTML5 et.al. Security Solutions

PL
Pete Lindstrom
Mon, Apr 23, 2012 3:56 PM

Hi -

I am researching approaches to protecting against Web risks, specifically in
the HTML5 area, where I include language elements/attributes, CORS, XHR2,
Websockets, Web Workers, Web Messaging (e.g. jpostMessage), and Storage.

Looking for 1) native browser techniques/plugins; 2) vendor offerings; and
3) PoC tools that mitigate published issues.

In particular, I am interested in vendors with HTML5-specific capabilities.

Just to be clear - I have done a lot of research on the technologies and
ways they might be manipulated or attacked and am now looking for ways to
address/mitigate the problems.

The research report will be available this quarter, so if you want a copy,
please send me a note offline. (I am looking for a few early reviewers as
well). Goal is to translate technical implications of HTML5 into business
risks - geared to enterprise CISO audience.

thanks,

Pete

Pete Lindstrom

Principal, VP of Research

Spire Security, LLC

@SpireSec

www.spiresecurity.com

610-644-9064

[...]
Mon, Apr 23, 2012 4:56 PM

I should also point out that I am familiar with the OWASP cheat sheets and
the security recommendations made in the specs themselves, more looking for
specific implementations and novel approaches. Sorry for the extra msg.  --
Pete

[...]

I should also point out that I am familiar with the OWASP cheat sheets and the security recommendations made in the specs themselves, more looking for specific implementations and novel approaches. Sorry for the extra msg. -- Pete From: websecurity-bounces@lists.webappsec.org [mailto:websecurity-bounces@lists.webappsec.org] On Behalf Of Pete Lindstrom Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 11:56 AM To: websecurity@lists.webappsec.org Subject: [WEB SECURITY] Wanted: HTML5 et.al. Security Solutions Hi - I am researching approaches to protecting against Web risks, specifically in the HTML5 area, where I include language elements/attributes, CORS, XHR2, Websockets, Web Workers, Web Messaging (e.g. jpostMessage), and Storage. Looking for 1) native browser techniques/plugins; 2) vendor offerings; and 3) PoC tools that mitigate published issues. In particular, I am interested in vendors with HTML5-specific capabilities. Just to be clear - I have done a lot of research on the technologies and ways they might be manipulated or attacked and am now looking for ways to address/mitigate the problems. The research report will be available this quarter, so if you want a copy, please send me a note offline. (I am looking for a few early reviewers as well). Goal is to translate technical implications of HTML5 into business risks - geared to enterprise CISO audience. thanks, Pete Pete Lindstrom Principal, VP of Research Spire Security, LLC @SpireSec www.spiresecurity.com 610-644-9064
JM
Jim Manico
Mon, Apr 23, 2012 5:47 PM

Here is a fairly recently OWASP guide on HTML 5 security. Feedback
always appreciated.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/HTML5_Security_Cheat_Sheet

  • Jim Manico

[...]

The Web Security Mailing List

WebSecurity RSS Feed
http://www.webappsec.org/rss/websecurity.rss

Join WASC on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/83336/4B20E4374DBA

WASC on Twitter
http://twitter.com/wascupdates

websecurity@lists.webappsec.org

Here is a fairly recently OWASP guide on HTML 5 security. Feedback always appreciated. https://www.owasp.org/index.php/HTML5_Security_Cheat_Sheet - Jim Manico > Hi - > > > > I am researching approaches to protecting against Web risks, specifically in > the HTML5 area, where I include language elements/attributes, CORS, XHR2, > Websockets, Web Workers, Web Messaging (e.g. jpostMessage), and Storage. > > > > Looking for 1) native browser techniques/plugins; 2) vendor offerings; and > 3) PoC tools that mitigate published issues. > > > > In particular, I am interested in vendors with HTML5-specific capabilities. > > > > Just to be clear - I have done a lot of research on the technologies and > ways they might be manipulated or attacked and am now looking for ways to > address/mitigate the problems. > > > > The research report will be available this quarter, so if you want a copy, > please send me a note offline. (I am looking for a few early reviewers as > well). Goal is to translate technical implications of HTML5 into business > risks - geared to enterprise CISO audience. > > > > thanks, > > > > Pete > > > > Pete Lindstrom > > Principal, VP of Research > > Spire Security, LLC > > @SpireSec > > www.spiresecurity.com > > 610-644-9064 > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > The Web Security Mailing List > > WebSecurity RSS Feed > http://www.webappsec.org/rss/websecurity.rss > > Join WASC on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/83336/4B20E4374DBA > > WASC on Twitter > http://twitter.com/wascupdates > > websecurity@lists.webappsec.org > http://lists.webappsec.org/mailman/listinfo/websecurity_lists.webappsec.org