[WEB SECURITY] Security test case automation

Will Jefferies wjefferies at fncinc.com
Thu Jan 23 09:43:01 EST 2014

I second Static code analysis tools.  I use Checkmarx suite and scan each of our codebases weekly (we have a lot).  It is very good at finding OWasp and SANS 25 vulns, albeit with a lot of false positives, but once you mark those as "not exploitable", the engine ignores them on future scans unless that particular code changes.  I've used the other big name STAT also, but find checkmarx to be a good balance of speed and accuracy.