[WEB SECURITY] SpiderFoot 2.1.4 released

Steve Micallef steve at binarypool.com
Mon Apr 28 04:37:21 EDT 2014

Hi all,

SpiderFoot 2.1.4 is now available, and will be the last enhancement
release on the 2.1 branch as I focus on 2.2. SpiderFoot is an open
source footprinting and intelligence gathering tool, written in Python
and runs on Linux, *BSD and Windows.

Since 2.1.0 was announced here in January, the following enhancements
have been implemented..

- Integration with:
     - SHODAN
     - VirusTotal
     - AlienVault IP Reputation DB
     - projecthoneypot.org
     - nothink.org
     - autoshun.org
     - isc.sans.edu
     - openbl.org
     - SORBS and a bunch more...
- PasteBin searching
- Zone-H.org defacement look-up
- TOR exit node check
- Whole bunch of DNS-based functionality
- Extracts meta data from PDF, DOCX, PPTX and XLSX files
- Identifies human names in content
- Finds associated Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn profiles
- SOCKS proxy support
- Real-time scan status UI
- Bug fixes and smaller miscellaneous enhancements

Website: http://www.spiderfoot.net
GitHub:  https://github.com/smicallef/spiderfoot
Twitter: https://twitter.com/binarypool

Feel free to mail me any questions, enhancement requests or general
feedback.

Thanks,

Steve