[WEB SECURITY] Call for Paper/Event - nullcon Goa 2014
nullcon at nullcon.net
Wed Sep 4 06:03:52 EDT 2013
V are V
On our fifth Anniversary we are super excited to officially open the
CFP (Call for PARTYcipation!). Yes, this is going to be the biggest
nullcon till now with lot of sub-events, CTFs, villages, workshops,
Time to tickle your gray cells and submit your research.
Training 12-13th Feb 2014
Conference: 14-15th Feb 2014
Submit under any of the below V options
Papers (45 mins - 1 hr)
Alternate (Sub-events, Competitions, CTF, BOFs)
Recreation (Fun events, Games, Parties, Tech Rock bands, Djs)
Tutorials (2-3hrs Workshops, hacking villages)
You (registered delegates)
We will keep it really simple this time. Anything that aligns with our
motto - "The neXt security thing!" is welcome.
1. New Research (40 mins - 1 hr) - is a deep knowledge technical track
that includes new research, tools, vulnerabilities, zero days or
2. Current Research Category (30 mins - 1 hr) - comprises of known
security issues, twist to an existing research, vulnerability or
research-in-progress. Although this track is fairly technical, it
covers known techniques and analysis and is specially created for
security professionals who are not too much into new research, are
auditors, management professionals and newbies.
3. Tool Category (30 mins – 1 hr) – Comprises of open source security
tools, exploits, frameworks etc. This is an excellent opportunity for
the original authors to showcase their software to the world.
4. Desi Jugaad (1 hr) - is our signature new research category talk
and includes any local hacks. This category is dedicated to
researchers who find innovative tech/non-tech solutions for real-life
Email the paper to : cfp at nullcon.net
The subject should be : CFP Goa 2014 <Paper Title>
Email Body :
3. Country (and City) of residence
4. Organization and Designation
5. Contact Number
6. Paper Title
7. Event option: <Paper/Alternate/Recreation/Tutorial/Y>
(Please read the options mentioned above and choose the best fit)
8. Category: <New Research | Current Research | Tool | Desi Jugaad>
(Please read the categories mentioned above and choose the best fit)
9. Time required: (including 5-10 mins of QA)
10. Have you presented or submitted this paper at any other
conference(s) or magazine(s)?
Yes, No. If yes, where? Note that new research talks already given
elsewhere or are due to be given elsewhere prior to nullcon will be
considered as current/old research talks unless they consist of
cutting edge and ground breaking technology, which is at the judgment
of the review committee.
11. Are you releasing an open source tool?
Yes/No. (If yes, please include the source code for review)
12. Are you releasing an exploit?
Yes/No. (If yes, please include the source and vulnerability details for
13. Are you releasing a new vulnerability/Zero-day?
Yes/No. (If yes, please send us the details, including reproduction
procedure, for review)
14. Why do you think your paper is different/innovative and how does
it qualify as new work/research?
15. Are there any live demonstrations (These earn you good points
Yes/No. (If Yes, how many? Also please explain each demo)
16. Brief Profile ( less than or equal to 500 Words)
17. Paper Abstract
Please provide detailed working or your research/work. The more
details you provide the better it is for the reviewers. Please keep
the abstract to the point. Please do not try to hide the technical
details or say “I can't disclose it till bla bla” as it does not help
the reviewers in any way and may give your paper a low score because
of insufficient information available in the abstract.
18. Any additional content with the submission: Please attach your
full papers, source code files etc for review.
19. Your high resolution photo (attached)
Only the original authors should submit their research and any
submission from a third party will be rejected. The Abstract should
clearly mention the techniques and hacks in detail and merely
mentioning that it works will not help in understanding the research
to its full extent. nullcon is an open knowledge/research sharing
platform and hence product/company marketing and pitches will be
rejected. We request you not to submit any product specific talk.
CFP Opens: 1st Sept 2013
1st round of Speaker list Online: 10th Oct 2013
CFP Closing Date: 20th Nov 2013
Final speakers List online: 1st Dec 2013
Training Dates: 12th-13th Feb 2014
Conference Dates: 14th-15th Feb 2014
For New Research and Desi Jugaad category
1. Travel Reimbursement (Either actuals or the below mentioned
amounts, whichever is less)
- International Speakers - USD $1000
- National Speakers (INR Rs.6000)
2. Complimentary accommodation at the venue for 3 nights.
3. Complimentary VIP conference pass.
4. Invitation to speaker party.
5. Invitation to nullcon networking party.
For Current Research and Tool category
1. Complimentary shared accommodation near the venue for 2 nights.
2. Complimentary VIP conference pass.
3. Invitation to speaker party.
4. Invitation to nullcon networking party.
* Only one speaker will be eligible for the benefits in case there are
two or more speakers for a talk.
** By submitting a paper and agreeing to talk at nullcon the speaker
gives nullcon the right to post, publish, re-distribute online and
offline, soft and/or hard copies of his/her presentation material
including slides, source code, detailed paper and the recorded video
of the speaker and presentation.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the websecurity