[WEB SECURITY] LAMP Security Guide - Focused on Drupal

John Kinsella jlk at thrashyour.com
Tue Nov 19 15:04:26 EST 2013

Telling folks to use ssh keys and disable password authentication would be a big win. In general, there's plenty of guides on hardening a lamp stack - why not point users to one of those instead of re-inventing wheels?

Why tell folks to use cron when Drupal has a built-in cron system since 7?

I didn't see mention of using a WAF?

Most folks using Drupal do so within an environment that has a control panel like CPanel or Virtualmin - and those panels will make several of your steps (such as keeping systems up-to-date) easier, so I'm thinking it'd be better to embrace the CP and show users how to run securely with one.

Have you run this by the Drupal security team? They'll probably give the best feedback.