[WEB SECURITY] Webcast: WAFEC panel as part of OWASP IL Mini Conference, Feb 12th

Ofer Shezaf ofer at shezaf.com
Tue Feb 5 05:22:54 EST 2013

Hi Everyone,

On Feb 12th we will be holding a WAFEC (Web Application Firewall Evaluation
Criteria project) panel as part of an OWASP Israel meeting. You can join the
panel remotely using OWASP gotomeeting services.

To register: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/785518182

The WASC/OWASP WAFEC Project, first released in 2006, is the de-facto
standard for learning about and evaluating web application firewalls and is
commonly used in WAF RFPs. The project team, which includes every WAF expert
in the world (and if we missed you, you are welcomed to join), is working
hard to complete version 2.  The panel will bring together some of the
active participants in writing the upcoming version, all world experts on
WAFs, to discuss the state of WAF technology, WAF industry and the
challenges in creating an evaluation guide for WAFs. This will be and
interactive session and will be driven by questions from me and from the
audience. Feel free to pre-submit questions!

Panel participants will include:

* Amichai Shulman, CTO, Imperva

* David Maman, CTO, GreenSQL

* Ido Breger, Product Manager, Web Application Firewalls, F5

* Nimrod Luria, CTO, Foresight

* Ory Segal, Principal Product Architect, Cloud Security, Akamai

* Shlomo Narkolayev, General Manager, Cyberdin

If you want to join in person the meeting:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Israel_2013_02

For more information on WAFEC: http://wafec.webappsec.org

~ Ofer

Ofer Shezaf, WAFEC project leader