[WEB SECURITY] PROJECT - competition landscape for APPSEC

Ahmed Masud ahmed.masud at trustifier.com
Tue Apr 30 14:15:17 EDT 2013

My Sincerest apologies for pushing this out on webappsec.org and
securityfocus.com but I thought it would serve as a general guideline
as to what I do and do not expect to receive from a mailing list.  I
don't expect emails like the one sent out by Daryl.

Daryl:

A couple of points on etiquette: Your requirement is rather vague and
sounds very much like homework that you don't wish to do yourself. If
that's not the case you should explain what your project is, so that
someone who may be kind enough to help you can actually understand the
context and give you something useful rather than expecting a
data-dump.  My suggestion would be to set up a simple to answer
questionnaire around your inquiry so someone can answer it easily and
then you can ask more detailed questions around that in follow-ups.
It's a lot better than just saying "what's the current application
security competition landscape" ...A vague question like that would
result in a curt answer like go pay money to www.gartner.com;

A better forum for this would be one of the stackexchange.com venues.
If you formulate your question in a more appropriate way directly to
me; I will be happy to answer it.

Sincerely,

Ahmed Masud <ahmed.masud at trustifier.com>

Trustifier Inc.