[WEB SECURITY] XSS filter Bypass

Achim Hoffmann websec10 at sic-sec.org
Wed May 30 15:22:37 EDT 2012

Hi Monica,

how do you know that %C0%80 will be UTF decoded?
It is fully valid URL-encoding and decodes to  if taken as Unicode.

Probably you mean some obfuscated encodings like:
  %C0%BCscript
  %C2%BCscript

which are accepted by some web servers (mainly old IIS) which still treat
them as 7-bit US-ASCII ignoring the high bit (to give attackers access ;-)

Cheers,
Achim