[WEB SECURITY] XSS filter Bypass

Appsec User pentestguy.cs at gmail.com
Thu May 24 06:16:06 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am probing for XSS in an application. Application has a filter which
triggers if I put anything after less than sign '<' except space, %
and >. So application accepts < character but only allows space, % and
> after it. So e.g < script(note space in b/w) is allowed but <script
will be rejected(no space). I have tested for various encoding also
<%00script is allowed but it puts space between < and script and
browser does not treat it as mark up. I cannot probe for javascript
events as Payloads are reflecting in HTML context not in javascript
context. Any suggestions how can I by-pass this filter.