[WEB SECURITY] Classic examples for secure webapps

Sebastian Schinzel ssc at seecurity.org
Tue May 15 06:50:52 EDT 2012

Dear all,

Two examples come to my mind when I think about classic examples of
secure software development: OpenSSH and Qmail. Both

a) were designed with security in mind
b) were heavily audited (--> open source)
c) are widely used in security sensitive environments for long times (> 10 years)
d) had relatively few known security bugs despite b), and c).

My question is:
Are there any web applications that can be seen as a classic example of
secure software development on the web (similar to OpenSSH and  Qmail
in the network service area)?

Thanks,
Sebastian

---