[WEB SECURITY] Isolating web applications under the same domain name

Paul Johnston paul.johnston at pentest.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 13:22:50 EST 2012

Hi,
>  I was just wondering how could we isolate different web applications
> under the same domain name. Say my domain name is 'site.com
> <http://site.com>' and I have my main web application running under
> "site.com/default/ <http://site.com/default/>" . And let's say that I
> have an use case where I need to run a blog, so I might have another
> web application like say 'WordPress' running under ''site.com/blog
> <http://site.com/blog>".

Your best bet is to use separate subdomains - blog.site.com,
default.site.com, etc.

Paul

--
Pentest - When a tick in the box is not enough

Paul Johnston - IT Security Consultant / Tiger SST
PenTest Limited - ISO 9001 (44/100/107029) / ISO 27001 (IS 558982)

Office: +44 (0) 161 233 0100
Mobile: +44 (0) 7817 219 072

Email policy: http://www.pentest.co.uk/legal.shtml#emailpolicy
Registered Number: 4217114 England & Wales
Registered Office: 26a The Downs, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 2PU, UK