[WEB SECURITY] Joomla security scanner

Miguel González Castaños miguel_3_gonzalez at yahoo.es
Tue Sep 27 05:38:09 EDT 2011

Dear all,

   A long time ago I asked for a vulnerability scanner for Joomla. I
admin a Joomla site and I'll to keep an eye on security.

   Someone provided me this OWASP project:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Joomla_Vulnerability_Scanner_Project#tab=Project_Information

   which apparently has been abandoned. I recall an email from the
author saying he didn't have time to continue support this. I also tried
the tool and gave me a bunch of false positives. I asked the author and
sent the info to review it, but I never got an answer.

   Anyway, what Joomla admins do to check security on their sites?

   Thanks,

   Miguel