[WEB SECURITY] program to crawl website looking for string patterns

Youngquist, Jason R. jryoungquist at ccis.edu
Fri Sep 16 09:55:25 EDT 2011

We are looking for a tool that can be configured to crawl for string patterns (ie. SSNs, credit card numbers, etc).  Cornell's Spider 2008 beta has this capability, but every time we used it, it crashed on us.

We also found a program called webshag, but it would only look for pre-defined stuff like email addresses or external links.

Did some googling, but haven't really found anything.  Thoughts?

Thanks.
Jason Youngquist, CISSP
Information Technology Security Engineer
Technology Services
Columbia College
1001 Rogers Street, Columbia, MO  65216
(573) 875-7334