[WEB SECURITY] Cookiejacking attack technique

Rosario Valotta valotta.rosario at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:13:30 EDT 2011

Hi,
last week, in two security conferences I showed a new attack technique
called Cookiejacking that allows to steal session cookies without any XSS
vulnerability.

https://www.swisscyberstorm.com/speakers/valotta
http://conference.hackinthebox.org/hitbsecconf2011ams/?page_id=1388

All previous approaches on the same topic used at least an XSS or a Man in
the middle attack (eg Firesheep) to steal cookies.
In this approach I use a 0-day vulnerabilty affecting all versions of IE on
every Windows OS and an advanced Clickjacking attack in order to trick users
in dragging & dropping their cookies.

You can steal any cookie (http only, secure cookies, whatever the website)
of every Win user.

On my blog you can find a writeup and a couple of videos.
https://sites.google.com/site/tentacoloviola/cookiejacking

Regards

Rosario Valotta