[WEB SECURITY] Static Source Code analysis Methodology

Rohit Pitke rohirp92 at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 01:58:44 EDT 2011

Apart from tool configuration and various ideas detailed here, I have seen
static code analysis tool creates too many false positives. So pre-configuration
of scans by considering your options (security, code-quality, exploitability)
are must. After scan is complete, I would strongly recommend to double check
most of issues for their false-positive attribute.

I have seen pain in some recent work we did where one of the tool resulted in
more than 20000 issues :)

Best Regards,
Rohit