[WEB SECURITY] Static Source Code analysis Methodology

David Rajchenbach-Teller David.Teller at mlstate.com
Mon May 9 14:18:51 EDT 2011

That's a very wide question. There is a whole branch of Computer Science devoted to answering it.

Something like:
- parse the source code;
- resolve bound names;
- probably generate the Control Flow Graph (depending on the language, this may require a model of the library, e.g. for exceptions, threads, call/cc or higher-order functions);
- and then, walk the AST and/or CFG, building information along the way.

I hope this helps,
 David

--
  David Rajchenbach-Teller