[WEB SECURITY] Training web app pentesters

harry at woodward-clarke.com harry at woodward-clarke.com
Sun Mar 27 00:20:42 EDT 2011

G'day,

as a trainer / teacher in this area. There are  a couple of resources -
other than the *brilliant* materials on OWASP :') - that I have used / am
using.

There is a bunch of stuff across the IronGeek site (irongeek.com) that is
useful for intro work. "How to break web software" by Mike Andrews
(formerly of Foundstone, and then McAfee) and "The Web Application Hacker's
Handbook" (Stuttard and Pinto). As the people I am teaching are developers
(or are becoming developers) I also use "Beginning ASP.NET security" by
Barry Dorrans (from Microsoft UK) as well as the OWASP resources incl. and
esp. ESAPI and such.

Then there is a bunch of other stuff I have gathered in bits and pieces
over the years, including stuff from this list :)

Then there are all the little tools and nick-nacks like Firebug, Selenium,
ParosProxy, Netcat, httpprint, ssl-digger, telnet, and the list goes on...

Hopefully there is something to chew on :)

have fun,

.h

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:32:14 +0000, Paul Johnston