[WEB SECURITY] 2012 App Security Conferences

Mike Gleiter glide66 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:09:13 EST 2011

There sure seems to be a number of application and information security
conferences to attend in 2012 (OWASP, Blackhat, RSA, etc.) --- but which
ones would this list recommend to someone who is trying to gain a better
understanding on how to improve the overall application security posture in
their organization.

Keep in mind that my own application security knowledge (how to hack, how
to prevent hacking) is still very low when compared to most of the people I
see contributing to this discussion list. So I am definitely looking to
grow my knowledge in this area as well so that I can better communicate
with the development areas when trying to sell them on the importance of
application security.

Thanks,