[WEB SECURITY] SQL injection in cookies variable

Sandro Gauci sandro at enablesecurity.com
Sun Aug 28 14:28:48 EDT 2011

Hello 65535,

The following advisory regarding OpenX and the associated demo video
described SQL injection using the cookie:

http://resources.enablesecurity.com/advisories/openx-2.6.4-multiple.txt

Any user input (in this case, any part of the HTTP request) can be
used for SQL injection if it is in some way passed to an SQL
statement. As usual, google is indeed your friend - there are various
documented cases of SQL injection through cookies :)

Sandro Gauci
Chief Consultant and Founder of EnableSecurity
Email: sandro at enablesecurity.com
Web: http://enablesecurity.com/
PGP: 514D B10C 8C3C 15BB 2EFD  49EC 7CCD 73C5 0295 F23B