[WEB SECURITY] Sample Hacking projects for students

MaXe owasp at intern0t.net
Tue Apr 26 16:39:09 EDT 2011

Hello Mostafa Siraj,

You could also create your own legal online targets with VPS's, or perhaps VMware images for students to play with etc.

I've made 4 of these called the HaXx.Me challenges, which are planned and scheduled via the InterN0T forums (forum.intern0t.net), and even though the VPS images are not available, the solution videos are: http://intern0t.blip.tv

Of course, with these custom challenges you should not focus on all attack vectors, but focus on what students may encounter in real life. With or without hints to guide them through the challenge, is up to you though.

Best regards,
MaXe
Founder of InterN0T
Blogger at Exploit-DB