[WEB SECURITY] a new 'Secret Key' Cryptographic Algorithm ~ any analysis/suggestions/weakness will be helpful ~ Variation of One-Time Pad

Tasos Laskos tasos.laskos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 17:09:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

I don't see how the key is generated randomly, if anything the
scheduling seems quite bad.
Maybe I'm missing something or I'm just too tired, can you justify the
randomness of the key for us?

There's also a saying that goes around crypto circles: Don't design your
own crypto.
And it's a valid and proven point since crypto is really *really* hard
to get right.

In your case though I think that /dev/urandom (or /dev/random if you
feel paranoid) could provide better entropy to be used as an OTP key.

Cheers,
Tasos L.