[WEB SECURITY] Password Reset

Kevin Stewart kevin.g.stewart at gmail.com
Tue May 25 18:33:41 EDT 2010

One idea:

Multiple "cognitive" questions in account registration. On password
reset, randomize across one or two of those questions. Most important,
if the user gets the question wrong, do not randomize and try another
question. Stick to that question. I'd hesitate to suggest a strict
lockout on this method, as it could create a denial of service
situation if not implemented with other controls.

HTH
Kevin Stewart

--
Kevin G. Stewart