[WEB SECURITY] Need a vulnerable XML Web Service

Shlomi Narkolayev shlominar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 03:42:23 EDT 2010

Hey,

I tend to agree with you, but think of it this way: Because of these reasons
there is always room for the little and the quicker ones in the security
field.

I think companies that developing scanning tools (NT OBJECTives, IBMs'
Appscan, Acunetix, White Hats' Sentinel, HP's Web Inspect, Cenzics’* **
Hailstorm*, Etc) need to invest (Money, Time, Research!) in the Engine as
they invest in the functionality of the product.

*
*

*In today's scanners, I see three main problems:*

1) Very high FP (More then 50%).

2) Lack of serious exploitation functionality (of course, this module could
significantly improve the first problem).

3) The *greatest *problem: Current scanners have very few attack signatures
that really can bypass filters and WAFs.

Just for comparison, attacks like: XSS, SQLi, RFI, OSi, Directory Traversal,
and many others can have more than 1000 attack signatures for each type of
attack I described above, and current scanners have only about 4-20 attack
signatures for each type of attack.

This situation is good for us (the researches), we need continue our
researches and make a "better place” for the security technology - It
means Enlarge
ours attack signatures lists ;-)

Kind Regards,
Narkolayev Shlomi.