[WEB SECURITY] The future of XSS attacks

MustLive mustlive at websecurity.com.ua
Fri Jan 22 14:04:34 EST 2010

Hello participants of Mailing List.

Yesterday I wrote English version of my article The future of XSS attacks
(http://websecurity.com.ua/3878/), which you can read if you interested in
this topic.

In the article I talked about Cross-Site Scripting attacks where it’s not
possible to use any tags and angle brackets. I listed attack vectors which
can be used in this case (automated and non-automated). And wrote about
current situation with modern browsers: in 2008 in Firefox 3 possibility of
attack via -moz-binding was removed (partly) and in IE 8, which released at
beginning of 2009, support of expression() was removed.

So I proposed my cross-browser solution for conducting of automated XSS
attacks in such conditions (when it’s not possible to use any tags and angle
brackets) - with using of MouseOverJacking technique, which I already wrote
about (http://websecurity.com.ua/3814/).

You can read the article The future of XSS attacks at my site:
http://websecurity.com.ua/3878/

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site