[WEB SECURITY] Yahoo Groups Voting Vulnerabilities

Mostafa Siraj mostafa.siraj at gmail.com
Tue May 19 07:45:56 EDT 2009

Hello all,
I found a very interesting security bug at Yahoo Groups Voting System,
exploiting this bug leads to complete control of the voting result.
The bug cause is a simple logic flaw and not technical flaw (XSS,
CSRF,..etc) however the impact is very high (controlling the voting results)
you can check the vulnerability in detail at my
blog<http://allaboutapplicationsecurity.blogspot.com/2009/05/yahoo-groups-voting-vulnerability.html>

http://allaboutapplicationsecurity.blogspot.com/2009/05/yahoo-groups-voting-vulnerability.html

I thought that sharing this with you might be of your interests

Thanks,

Mostafa Siraj
Application Security Expert
ITWorx Egypt
www.ITWorx.com

--
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we
are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most