[WEB SECURITY] Are there any disadvantage of Application Security SaaS offering?

sutapa dey sutapaeie10 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jul 21 02:22:10 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Today, there are couple of vendors in market such as WhiteHat Sentinel, HP Application Security Center, who are offering application security softwares as a service. I accept that there are manifold advantages of a SaaS model, the prime one being cost reduction.
But as every model has it's own advantages as well as disadvantages, similarly SaaS with respect to app security also must be having some disadvantages.

Just wanting to know your suggestions on what possible disadvantages SaaS for app security has. From my side, one suggestion may be sharing "application code/application details" to a third party may pose a risk.

Regards,
Sutapa

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/