[WEB SECURITY] Goodbye Milw0rm :-(

Raviv Raz ravivr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:47:34 EDT 2009

Milw0rm.com <http://www.milw0rm.com/> was probably one of the top 5 best
hacking websites in the world.
In a sudden announcement, the website's owner (a.k.a Str0ke) broke the news
to the world saying he will no longer have the time to manage and update the
website.

Fresh exploits, video tutorials, online password cracking and more goodies
were offered free of charge at Milw0rm. It is with much regret and sadness
that we receieve the news.
I would like to use this opportunity to thank Str0ke for the wonderful
resources he has put at our disposal, his precious time, knowledge and
enthusiasm.
You have set new standards for the hacking community at times where greedy
security companies offer exploit code and technical advisories for
unrealistic amounts of money. Here's the relatively brief explanation for
the shutdown by Str0ke:

"Well, this is my goodbye header for milw0rm. I wish I had the time I did in
the past to post exploits, I just don't :(. For the past 3 months I have
actually done a pretty crappy job of getting peoples work out fast enough to
be proud of, 0 to 72 hours (taking off weekends) isn't fair to the authors
on this site. I appreciate and thank everyone for their support in the
past. Be safe, /str0ke"

So long and a thousand thanks Milw0rm !!
See a last screenshot of milw0rm:
http://chaptersinwebsecurity.blogspot.com/

Raviv Raz.