[WEB SECURITY] Calling all Researchers! Send in the Top Web Hacking Techniques of 2008

Jeremiah Grossman jeremiah at whitehatsec.com
Mon Jan 26 22:22:58 EST 2009

Blogged:
http://jeremiahgrossman.blogspot.com/2009/01/calling-all-researchers-send-in-top-web.html

Hi Everyone,

It's time once again to create the Top Ten Web Hacking Techniques of
the past year. Every year Web security produces a plethora of new and
extremely clever hacking techniques (loosely defined, not specific
incidents), many of which are published in hard to find locations.
2008 was no different. As we've done for the past two years, we're
looking for the best of the best. This effort serves as a way to
create a centralized community reference and recognize those
exceptional researchers who have contributed to our collective
knowledge.

This year is special, because the researcher who places #1 will not
only receive praise amongst his peers, but also receive one free pass
to attend the BlackHat USA Briefings 2009! Over $1,000 (US) value.
Generously sponsored by BlackHat. Winners will be chosen by a panel of
judges (Rich Mogull, Chris Hoff, HD Moore, Jeff Forristal) on the
basis of novelty, impact, and pervasiveness.

We’re also going to need your help. We’re building the living list of
everything found so far. If anything is missing, and we’re positive
there is because last year had over 80, we’d appreciate it if you
could post a comment containing the link. Thank you and good luck!

Regards,

Jeremiah Grossman
Chief Technology Officer
WhiteHat Security, Inc.