[WEB SECURITY] JavaScript Obfuscators

Hoffman, Billy billy.hoffman at hp.com
Sun Jan 25 02:04:30 EST 2009

The websense  guys and finjin guys are top notch in this field. A read of their research blogs is a wealth of data.

As for who obfuscating, pretty much everybody is. IBM released a report in last year that nearly 100% of malware payloads using javascript are obfuscated (http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/iss/xforce/midyearreport/xforce-midyear-report-2008.pdf)

Billy Hoffman
--
Manager, HP Web Security Research Group
HP Software - Application Security Center