[WEB SECURITY] R: [WEB SECURITY] Static code analyzers

Vicari Marco Vincenzo (UGIS - UniCredit Group) MarcoVincenzo.Vicari at unicreditgroup.eu
Wed Jan 21 04:23:04 EST 2009

In my company I'm using  ONCE 6 (Once Lab) is expensive, but less than other commercial product like Fortify, it is a good tool and very user friendly, have a interesting features. We have a lot of web application and the scan step is configured to work in batch mode, after the triage step shows the vulnerability to the analyst that can verify each flaw with the source navigator included in Once. There is also the feature that permit to publish and to share the assessment.
For us is a good tool.

Marco Vincenzo Vicari
ICT Security
Infrastructure and Customer Services
Unicredit Global Information Services
Via Ugo La Malfa 50
90100 Palermo, Italia
Tel. +39 091 608 6332
Cell. +39 335 7978086
mailto:marco.vicari at unicreditgroup.eu
http://www.unicreditgroup.eu
Da: Mostafa Siraj [mailto:mostafa.siraj at gmail.com]
Inviato: giovedì 15 gennaio 2009 12.40
A: John Johnson
Cc: connectjunkie at gmail.com; websecurity at webappsec.org
Oggetto: Re: [WEB SECURITY] Static code analyzers

I'm using in my company Ounce Labs and CAT.NET, Ounce Labs is very expensive (your company has to be big in order to be able to buy it) while CAT.NET is free (at least until now). Ounce is very powerful tool according to my experience and did a great job into improving the security of our products.

Thanks