[WEB SECURITY] Collection of 2009 Security Predictions

Gunter Ollmann gollmann at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 7 14:57:44 EST 2009

Rafal,

I agree - we're certainly swimming in a sea of predictions this year.

So instead of just throwing in my own bag of predictions I did the next
best thing - I'm spending the week going through other peoples.
I'm on Day Three of the "Week of (someone else's) 2009 Security
Predictions", and you can find them here...

Day One: Cisco -        http://blogs.iss.net/archive/WoSP_1.html
Day Two: MessageLabs -  http://blogs.iss.net/archive/WoSP_2.html
Day Three: PandaLabs -  http://blogs.iss.net/archive/WoSP_3.html

No doubt I'll have more sarcastic comments about it all later on my private
blog.

Cheers,

Gunter,

             Rafal Los
             <rafal at ishackingy
             ou.com>                                                    To
                                       <japi at iki.fi>,
             01/07/2009 02:35          <websecurity at webappsec.org>

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [WEB SECURITY] Collection of
                                       2009 Security Predictions

Had to throw my own in for posterity...

http://preachsecurity.blogspot.com/2009/01/state-of-it-security-2009-prediction.html

I think the "impending doom" some are predicting is just plain silly.

Rafal (Ralph) M. Los
Security & IT Risk Strategist
- Blog:    http://preachsecurity.blogspot.com.
 - LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rmlos

> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 12:29:31 +0200
> From: japi at iki.fi
> To: websecurity at webappsec.org
> Subject: Re: [WEB SECURITY] Collection of 2009 Security Predictions
>
> robert at webappsec.org kirjoitti:
> >
> > If anyone knows of anymore please post them to the thread.
> >

> Looking ahead at security trends for 2009:
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10128133-83.html
>
> Four Threats For '09 That You've Probably Never Heard Of (Or Thought
About)

http://www.darkreading.com/security/vulnerabilities/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=212700328