[WEB SECURITY] Flash (SWF) Encryption/Obfuscation

Rafal @ IsHackingYou.com rafal at ishackingyou.com
Wed Apr 22 12:30:06 EDT 2009

Hello list,
    I wrote up a post today on my "Following the White Rabbit" blog regarding Flash (SWF) media file obfuscation and encryption.  I've done some initial research into the options as many of you have asked me to following the "A Laugh RIAt" talk, and wanted to share with you a short, informative post on exactly what you're gaining by buying tools that encrypt or obfuscate your Flash code.

    If you regularly create Flash media using ActionScript you may be interested in the topic.  I go through what these tools do, why they are used, and what purpose, if any, they actually serve in the security scheme of things.

    As always, comments and feedback is greatly appreciated!

Raising the Bar?  Flash Encryption, Obfuscation: http://www.communities.hp.com/securitysoftware/blogs/rafal/archive/2009/04/20/raising-the-bar-flash-encryption-obfuscation.aspx

__
Rafal M. Los
Security & IT Risk Strategist