[WEB SECURITY] Scripting Question

Andre Gironda andreg at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:44:30 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:05 AM,  <matt.farey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chickenfoot
>  Solvent
>  Piggybank
>
>  Greasemonkey

Browser drivers (all of the ones listed above) are nice, but they are
kind of slow for this purpose.  Others who mentioned unit testing
frameworks (e.g. Wati[X], Selenium RC, Sahi, et al) are certainly on
the right track... application drivers (e.g. Selenium, Wati[X], Sahi,
WebTest, WebDriver, HtmlUnit) based on unit or functional testing
engines would be much faster and more versatile.

>From my experience (romain gaucher and Stephen de Vries both having
VERY great answers and probably more qualified than myself), WebDriver
and Canoo WebTest are both better than Selenium, Sahi, or Watir.  Both
of these can be implemented as both an application driver and a
browser driver.  Technically, so can Selenium - but the Selenium IDE
is not directly compatible with Selenium RC.

Also -- WebDriver and WebTest are under constant development and
improvement.  This may or may not be a good thing but I figure I would
throw them out there since I've found them to be the best tools for
what you're trying to accomplish.

Cheers,
Andre