[WEB SECURITY] Scripting Question

Dark Con d4rkcon at gmail.com
Wed May 14 10:10:58 EDT 2008

This question might be a little offtopic for this list, so please let
me know if I should direct it elsewhere.

I'm looking for a way to automate some client-side exploit testing. I
want to write a script that loads web pages automatically in a real
web browser. I realize that there are multiple other kludges that
might do something similar (setting up the RefreshEvery Firefox
extension for one), but the goal is to expand this to some other
things, as well.

What I'm really looking for is a way to code UI interaction (or some
libraries that might help with that). I've found some easy ways to do
it in OSX (Automator makes things like this really simple), but was
wondering if anyone on the list has ever done anything like this
before and might be able to point me to any articles/books about the
topic, or recommend which languages might have the best facilities for
a project like this.

Thanks.
-DC