[WEB SECURITY] The Extended HTML Form attack revisited

Michael S. Menefee mmenefee at securesolve.com
Thu Jun 19 00:18:15 EDT 2008

Sandro,

I'm curious which specific IMAP server was used in your example. MS
Exchange b*itches about <CR><LF> using this same example and does not
echo any of the submitted content. I've also tried this on Imail IMAP
with similar results.

I love the concept and agree this could work in certain circumstances,
but it is not universally exploitable...there are specific servers and
protocols that will actually do this, but I would like to know which you
have tested with, so maybe we can build a list of vulnerable versions of
software that could be exploited in this fashion.

--
Michael S. Menefee, CISSP (#43728)
Principal Consultant
mmenefee at securesolve.com