[WEB SECURITY] AccessMe Tool Now Available

Oliver Lavery oliver at securitycompass.com
Mon Jun 2 19:39:29 EDT 2008

Hello,

Security Compass is proud to announce the release of AccessMe, the latest
addition to our ExploitMe series of free penetration testing add-ons for
Mozilla Firefox.

This preliminary release of AccessMe expands the series with powerful
functionality for testing the access control and session management
mechanisms of web applications,  including:

- Invalid HTTP method attacks
- Bypassing access control using HTTP HEAD
- Session dropping

We're releasing this tool as open-source under the GPLv3, and hope it will
assist penetration testers, QA staff, and developers detect and eliminate
common security vulnerabilities in today's web applications.

Please visit http://www.securitycompass.com/ to download AccessMe, and all
of our other free penetration testing tools.

Regards,
Oliver Lavery
Security Compass