[WEB SECURITY] Re: HTML5 is now a First Public Working Draft

Thomas Roessler tlr at w3.org
Thu Jan 24 18:28:35 EST 2008

On 2008-01-24 15:16:20 -0800, Andy Steingruebl wrote:

> Just so I'm sure that I'm not losing my mind this spec covers all
> sorts of things that have absolutely nothing to do with HTML, and
> delve into the underlying HTTP protocol, networking, etc.  Right?

The specification covers both HTML and various APIs that are exposed
to web applications; that in fact includes a TCP socket-like
interface proposed as part of the Window object, with (it seems) a
little handshake protocol.

As I said earlier, this is a First Public Working Draft, i.e., it is
the WG's starting point.  Comments are *extremely* useful at this
point of time.

--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr at w3.org>