[WEB SECURITY] XSS, SQL injection vulns on non-English sites

Hurst, Dennis dennis.hurst at hp.com
Wed Apr 23 16:11:30 EDT 2008

Jim

Just my $.02, I'm sure others will give more details.

Typically the same way you would any english based site.  The Javascript is just javascript and in the case of SQL Injection everyone uses SQL-92 commands which are english-ish so the attack works pretty much the same.  If you need to send part of the JavaScrpt in a Unicode character that's no problem either.  The challenge I have had, especially on non-latin based languages, is understanding if my attack is working or not.  Some times the error message you get back are a challenge to read but that's my not knowing the other language not an issue with the hack.

Programming languages are english-ish (not technical term but you get the picture) for better or worse so there isn't a Japanese JavaScript there is just JavaScript.

Dennis.Hurst at HP.com<mailto:Dennis.Hurst at HP.com>