[WEB SECURITY] Interesting University Security Weakness

Bill Pennington bill at whitehatsec.com
Mon Mar 20 14:24:17 EST 2006

I have audited a few online course applications and found them to be
some of the most insecure applications out there. I don't know who is
actually writing these things but security is not even on there radar
from what I can tell. Add that to the fact that most of the
applications are just plain horrible from a UI and usability standard
makes me think there is a lot of room to grow in this space.

On Mar 20, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Schmidt, Albert E wrote:

> During a recent audit of UMUC I had an interesting audit finding.
> Background: The majority of UMUC classes are online and UMUC has the
> largest student population of all of the University's in the
> University
> System of Maryland.  See Finding #6 at
> http://www.ola.state.md.us/Reports/Fiscal%20Compliance/UMUC06.pdf
>
> Al S.