[WEB SECURITY] Brute Force authentication attack

Dr Johann A. Briffa jabrif at eng.um.edu.mt
Fri Jun 30 16:33:12 EDT 2006

Schmidt, Albert E wrote:
> I am definitely having a senior moment.  Can anybody please tell me what
> it is called when you have to enter a code displayed in a picture when
> authenticating?  I know this is a control against brute force hacking,
> but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is called.   


Dr Johann A. Briffa                     http://www.eng.um.edu.mt/~jabrif
Communications and Computer Engineering            Phone: +356 2340-2078
University of Malta, Msida MSD 06, Malta           Fax:   +356 2134-3577

The Web Security Mailing List: 

The Web Security Mailing List Archives: 
http://www.webappsec.org/rss/websecurity.rss [RSS Feed]

More information about the websecurity mailing list