[WEB SECURITY] RE: MasterCard backs off Security, Leave Cardholders at Risk

Craig Wright cwright at bdosyd.com.au
Thu Jun 8 22:46:15 EDT 2006

Hi Evan,
The Audit requirements are not the same as the checklists. Each
prospective audit firm needs to submit a methodology and have this
approved to become an approved auditor.

This is a general methodology and as such needs to be modified for each
job. These methodologies are not available from the Visa site. The
checklists are all to do with the pen test and self assessment parts of
the PCI-DSS.

I admit there are a large number of poor methodologies being used. This
does not change the requirements however.

Regards,
Craig