[WEB SECURITY] WebScurity ->was-> Application Security Hacking Videos

Brent Johnson brent at fsebg.com
Fri Jun 2 15:16:39 EDT 2006

Well, I just *feel* more secure having an application firewall in place.

Is that the answer you were expecting?

Because we started off with an application security audit that revealed our

Vulnerabilities, prior to our the FDIC audit, auditor results were

independently confirmed by a SpiDynamics WebInspect vulnerability scan -

Which found a total of 7 critical, 5 high, and 20-something medium

Vulnerabilities.

Policy states that if a site has a critical vulnerability, it needs to be

repaired within 24 hours or the site is taken off line, per FDIC

regulation... that's if the FDIC finds it.  We had a head start by doing our

own scans prior to the FDIC audit.

We put the webApp.secure app firewall in place and had the auditor re-test,

then conducted the WebInspect, which came back with 0 critical, 0 high, and

4 medium (which are confirmed as false positives).

The FDIC came in, performed their audit and confirmed that everything is in

top shape.

It took 1 day to get 5 installations done, and a total of 24 hours to go

from insecure, to secure.

I'm sold on Application Firewalls, specifically webApp.secure.  There is no

question in my mind or the minds of those that have reviewed these servers

that they are completely secure.

Brent Johnson, CIO

First Southeast Banc Group