[WEB SECURITY] what if phishing went away?

Lyal Collins lyalc at swiftdsl.com.au
Tue Jul 25 21:34:59 EDT 2006

Blacklists probably won't keep up with phishing - they aren't working too
well so far.

Email authentication, such that the recipient of an email can be assured
that a) the sender is who they claim to be and b) they do represent the
organisation supposedly sending the email will push phishing into a niche
concept, rather than the current situation of being a strong source of fraud
and identity misuse.

While the so-called anti-phisin market is making money by being 30%
effective at preventing phishing losses, this won't happen, of course.

Just my 20 cents.

Lyal