[WEB SECURITY] application attacks

Andre Maisonneuve Andre.Maisonneuve at validian.com
Mon Jul 17 19:44:39 EDT 2006

Hi, Antoine!
trying to protect applications by protecting the communication network (which is what you describe in your text) is not operating at the right layer: protecting applications must be made at the application layer, not at the transport layer. Furthermore, developers can ensure that only authorized applications can send data to this application, that all applications are authenticated and cannot be impersonated, and that all communications are encrypted going in and out of the applications.
regards
Andre